So as the month of December rolls around I realized I've neglected writing on our blog. So here's an update. We moved from Texas to Tennessee. I just celebrated my 22nd birthday end of October. We've become amazing at money management and I am so happy that my husband is so amazing in everything he puts his mind to. We are so excited to be getting things done and ready to start the new year and hopefully buying our first house together.
Ok so now that the little recap is over let us get down to brass tacs. I'm struggling with my husbands PTSD. He is a veteran and served in Operation Iraqi Freedom and is currently stationed at Fort Campbell. He's suffered from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder since 2010. Now in my personal opinion his ncos and higher ups should be helping him with getting help. In the past 5 months he has slept walked countless times, woke up in his parents sand volleyball court, woke up in the truck with his pistol loaded and truck running (he sold his pistol after that), woke his entire parents house up yelling about finding weapons to kill haji, pulled a knife out on me in his sleep and even punched me in the face when he was dead asleep. He flinches in his sleep throws things around and screams in his sleep as well. any movies or video games that come on that resemble a war zone make his PTSD act up. So as anyone can see he needs help. Yet why don't they want to help him? He asks for help and they look at him as weak yet I think anyone who is actually capable of asking for help deserves it. He doesn't want to hurt his family but the military should be helping him right? Everyone he talks to about what could they have him do all say he has to do something drastic like say he is going to commit suicide but why would he want that on his record? And honestly if he became so depressed he actually considered it I wouldn't think it was because he wanted attention. How many times can one person ask for help and be turned down especially when they served our country? And what can I do to try and help besides just being supportive? It worries me as well and the stress is extremely difficult. Any advice would truly help.
Our thoughts with your family. I hope you can get him some help soon
ReplyDelete