Friday, December 14, 2012

Bad News Before the Holidays

So ever since I was young I've struggled with image issues. Glasses and braces at the same time, I didn't know how to match clothes well, I was uncoordinated, and worst of all, weight struggle. I have always been a yo-yo dieter and once I turned 19 I was at the best I had ever been in a healthy way. During pregnancy I still maintained a healthy eating habit and looked great throughout my pregnancy. After I had Isabella though I couldn't lose the extra weight, in fact, I couldn't lose it at all! I have been gaining weight little by little over time and now that Isabella is almost two years old I have become concerned with health and reached out for help. A friend told me that gluten free diet has done wonders for her and after looking up results for it I thought why the hell not and chose to give it a try. I felt amazing after the first two weeks of eating no gluten whatsoever and and so much healthier but when i weighed myself i had in fact gained more weight! I tried working out but still nothing. I didn't understand how this was happening. I decided to go to my family doctor  and get my thyroid checked out. After blood work came back and she said nothing seemed to be wrong with my thyroid but she did was to do more extensive tests she sat me down and told me that she was about 100% sure that I have arthritis! What! I am 22 years old! The only thing I could think of was my aunt who was just diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and the pain she suffers with. It breaks my heart to think of the pain she is in because she is by far the coolest aunt I have. After talking to my mother and looking up what is the best way to handle arthritis since people don't usually anticipate getting arthritis until they are older and have grandchildren research seemed necessary. Well from the looks of it I have to become a bird lol. Many vegetables with starch, breads, meats, fatty foods and dairy can cause your joints to become inflamed. So though this was pretty bad news to get before Christmas I decided i will take it into stride and turned this new found issue into a better way of living. So watch out I may have some new recipes for you to try that will be awesome! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment