Sunday, December 16, 2012

Holiday Treats For Neighbors

So I've become Susie Homemaker and decided to share something nice with my neighbors. Everyone I know tends to share cookies so I thought why not try something new? I decided to make Oreo and Cookie Dough Truffles. I am warning you now it is messy but so worth it! Here are the recipes:

Oreo Truffles:
I first had these when my aunt made them and they are awesome!

Ingredients:
36 Oreo cookies finely crushed (one whole 14.3oz package of Oreo cookies is 36 cookies)
1 package of  8oz philidelphia cream cheese softened
16oz bakers semi-sweet chocolate 

Directions:
RESERVE 1/4 cup cookie crumbs. Mix cream cheese and remaining cookie crumbs until blended.
SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Dip in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.


Cookie Dough Truffles
Found this recipe on allrecipes.com note:try freezing the dough a little before molding then once again before dipping in chocolate so they maintain their shape well

Ingredients:

{Final Result I used different sprinkles to be able to tell which ones were which. They are a hit!}




No comments:

Post a Comment