So many of my friends have had a baby, are currently pregnant or are planning a baby. The joy of having a child is the most beautiful and inspirational thing. The love you have for each child is individual and special between you and that child. Through the months of pregnancy the bond between a mother and child is formed. And every relationship is different just like every pregnancy is different.
Being that I was 20 when I had Isabella and her biological father wasn't in the picture I was fortunate enough to have such wonderful support from my family and friends. Though my parents were very disappointed my family really helped them understand that I was an adult and if I believed I could be a great mom I would be. During my pregnancy I moved all the time. I was determined to prove I didn't need anyone to help yet found myself always needing someone. The first few months went by and nothing happened that was truly memorable except for the ultrasound pictures which i do have to say i still look at from time to time missing when she was a part of me physically. When I hit 7mos i really popped. I started getting really bad side pains and everything on my body itched. The doctors and my mother were concerned i had something wrong with my liver. After almost another month of tests to see what could be wrong we found out nothing was wrong! Worrying for nothing. After peeing myself and laughing about it while my family thinking my water broke and rushed me to the hospital or my boobs randomly sprung leaks nothing else happened until my due date.
January 16, 2011. It was about 9:30am and Isabella was due and I was in my bedroom folding the last bit of clothes of hers i prewashed and put away. While texting my friend Megan, who was my personal baby cheerleader, i kept having this leakage. I texted her after changing pads for the 3rd time that either I keep peeing myself or my water broke. After going to my parents and my dad took me to the hospital the Dr sent me home! I finished what i was doing prior to the Dr sending me home changing pads constantly and enjoying relaxing on the couch until labor really kicked in. My mom made my favorite meal, steak, broccoli and mashed potatoes. And to top it off rocky road ice cream for dessert. The second i was finished eating the contractions started. And they weren't one every 5min. They started immediately one every two min. Did the call the Dr everything into the car and head to the hospital part. I asked for the epidural and after they tried for a half hr to find a spot due to the fact i have a major artery running on the outside of my spine they found a spot, almost dropped me by letting me go, and then the drugs kicked in from 4cm to 6cm so about 15min. The second 7cm hit i was ready to push. The epidural wasn't working and they nurses instantly knew i had back labor. Though ignoring them and pushing a little each time i had a contraction 10cm finally came. Suddenly they dropped half the bed, brought a huge light in and turned off the rest of the lights. 12:30am January 17, 2011. My moms final words to me before i started pushing were, " watch what you say remember what you say in this room will be the first words your baby hears." That was that I needed. I pushed, threw up, pushed, pooped and laughed because I pooped, then pushed again. Suddenly the door swings open my ob comes in sits down cuts me the tells me to push and in two pushes Isabella was out. He held her and said "looks like we got us a nine pounder!"
2:01am January 17, 2011 Isabella Rae Tava was born. They placed her on my chest and she stopped crying and opened her big beautiful blue eyes when i said "hello beautiful" and I was officially a mother! The doctor and nurses gave me hugs and during the next 3days. So many of the nurses that heard about my birth came in to compliment me of my strength in not crying screaming or cursing during labor (thus a silent birth) and how it was remarkable i kept a stead heart rate as did Isabella. I told them what my reason was. My mother. Her warning was the reason i didn't scream. I wanted Isabella to come into a happy and stress free environment and I think because of that she was such easy baby. I was blessed that she was such an easy and very lovable baby to take care of. But like every person is different every baby is different every pregnancy is different and everyone's labor is different. This was mine.
Just remember what you do and say in that room is what you baby/babies will first hear. Try to stay as calm as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment